Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Ok here we go, my mojo is back! Starting with craft! 1 of 2 posts.

The next few posts will be just catching up on things going on around here, they will be in no particular order, they will just appear as I sort through my photos and organise them into albums. So there may well be more than one post a day.

Do you remember the day I went on a wool blanket dyeing course? Well a couple of weekends back we got together at the Christian camp that is down our road. We are very lucky in that we can use is as often as we like, as long as it's not being used by anyone else. And they won't charge us either as we are locals! How cool is that? We are back there this weekend as we are planning on making a quilted wool blanket for the couple that run the camp.

Every Thursday I get together with some of the local ladies for craft, and we made a start cutting out the pieces needed to make up the quilt.....


The block pattern


All cut and ready to go


Set up at the camp

Sewing the pieces together was helped along by lashing of hot tea and cake!

Getting the layout right

We were able to use the camp for the whole weekend and I had finished mine by lunchtime Sunday


There were 30 blocks in total and it worked out just the right size to lay over our bed. The backing still needs to be done, I'll use a flannelette sheet and for the edging I might look for some silk ribbon.


But wait! There's more..

When I got home that day I still had the bug and had an idea floating around in my head for using some of the leftover scraps, here is the end result


I gave it to City Sue as a belated birthday present, I think she liked it! I need to make me one now!
Back soon with more craft!

4 comments:

  1. Your crafted blanket is gorgeous and your cushie cover is simply lovely. If I had a crafty bone in my body I would be sorely tempted to replicate your daisy cushion. Alas, I am not. So I will just have to admire from afar.

    Hope you are feeling better after your horrendous last few weeks. I know that your new blanket will be bringing some colour back into your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, love them, you are one crafty laydee :) That cushion cover looks professionally made. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Sue, awesome.. you are so clever and it looks really homely. I am knitting one, it should be ready for when they take me to the old folks home. been at it, hmmm lemme see 2 years now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank ye ladies, I enjoyed making them too :D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I thank you for taking the time to write them. I do my very best to reply to every one of them right here on the blog. When you leave your next comment tick the 'email follow up comments' and then you'll get any replies I leave. Thank you for reading my blog.